Juris Axis sophisticated Banking & Finance practice has a formidable reputation in developing innovative solutions for our clients by incorporating complex financing techniques that lead the industry.
We are trusted advisers to major corporations, banks and financial institutions that define global markets. The team advises its clients across the full spectrum of financing transactions, including corporate facilities, leveraged finance facilities for domestic, overseas and cross-border buyouts, derivatives, trade finance, project finance, asset and structured finance and restructurings. Our lawyers understand each client’s unique needs and provide tailored solutions across national borders. We are uniquely positioned to support the banking, corporate and cross-border financing requirements of each of our clients and ensure client transactions are successfully concluded by assisting clients in obtaining the required governmental authorizations, approvals and registrations through close coordination with government authorities and regulatory bodies.
We are one of the well known law firms in India rendering legal services in various aspects of the banking and financial sector. We advise domestic and international financial companies, institutions and banks including non-banking financial companies on securitization laws, securities, derivatives, restructuring, banking and insolvency, asset finance, project finance and insurance. Our attorneys possess significant experience with legislations and regulations concerning securities, securities transfers and privacy, including collection, use and disclosure of information in a financial context.
Our Firm advises its clients on provisions under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and notifications issued by the RBI. Our Firm also advises clients on structuring of foreign investments in the banking sector in India including foreign exchange regulations under FEMA.
Services rendered by our Firm in the financial sector include acquisition finance, project finance, legal opinions, drafting escrow, consortium, mortgage, pledge and lien agreements and loan agreements, credit & security documentation. Our Firm also deals in securitization of assets, cases with respect to dishonor of cheques, debentures, guarantees and other forms of securities, etc. Our Firm represents Citi Financial Consumer Finance India Ltd., a leading NBFC in India in civil and criminal litigation, consumer matters and arbitration.
Our Firm deals in all matters connected with DRT, ADRT and Securitization Act including drafting of DRT replies, counter-claims, counter-suits, suits, writ petitions, etc.
Our Firm also assists its clients in complying with RBI regulations, company laws, capitalization norms and acquiring required statutory approvals.
The insurance sector has also been fast developing. Our Firm deals in insurance and financial institutions regulations. We provide legal advice and representation related to Insurance Laws as well as address insurance and reinsurance coverage issues arising out of a wide variety of claims, including bad faith claims, environmental related claims, construction defect claims, construction bodily injury claims, personal injury claims, employment-related claims, product liability claims, professional liability claims, general liability claims and claims related to storm, fire, water losses, etc.
Our practice covers a wide range of financing transactions such as
- Corporate Debt, including syndicated loans, secured and unsecured loans, revolving credits, guarantee facilities and other forms of security
- Structured Finance
- Acquisition and Leveraged Finance using senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt
- Finance and Public Private Partnerships across all Infrastructure and Energy sectors
- Real Estate Finance including structured lending, secured property lending and property securitization
- Asset Finance
- Derivative transactions
- Debt Capital Markets encompassing issues of rupee denominated bonds and debentures, foreign currency convertible bonds, bank MTN programmes and other securities
- Debt Restructuring and re-financing, including asset reconstruction and schemes of arrangement
- We have extensive experience in diverse types of Banking & Finance transactions and have represented clients on high-profile and complex Syndicated Lending, Structured Products, Project Finance, External Commercial Borrowings, and plain vanilla bilateral lending deals. Our scope of work covers the entire spectrum including structuring transactions, drafting term sheets and transactional documents, negotiations, advising on the regulatory framework and related issues